Friday, May 25, 2012

Xi An


Home to the Terra Cotta Warriors!

This was one of my favorite things throughout my whole vacation, I was just so fascinated with the whole thing.

There were three pits

Pit 3.
Every single statue in this pit was broken when enemies of the emperor destroyed the tomb.




This guy was the only guy in the tomb left together, in no need of repairing, they called him the 'lucky one.'


Pit 2.
This pit was the smallest... and frankly not very exciting but it was still cool.


Pit 1.
This pit is where all the money is going, this is where all the focus is. It felt like all the researchers put all the other pits on hold just to work on this one... and I don't blame them.




I may just take one home with me.

3 comments:

  1. WOW! That's insane! I had no idea it was that big. COOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's on my bucket list of things to see.
    I can't believe they let you pose with them. You are pretty much awesome.

    Oh - and I think "The Lucky One" is a misnomer. I believe the correct term is "The Terra Cotta Chuck Norris."

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOODNESS LILLI! This is just the most awesome thing! I can't believe that you get to stand right there and touch them! That is something you can tell your grandchildren. Heck! That is something you can tell your parents!!! You go girl! Make sure to take tons of pictures! Thanks for sharing! You are awesome!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete