Thursday, February 23, 2012

Getting Stared at Experience Number 2


Sooooooo the school that I am at is part of a huge program of schools called Bond and every half year or so Bond wants to show their foreign teachers their wonderful city. What happens is they give all of their teachers bright neon orange jackets and put them on bright neon green bikes and take them on a tour of the city. They had professional photographers and everything. And while we were riding the photographers would head us off and take pictures of us riding past... they would even hide in the bushes... seriously. I haven't been on a bike since elementary school and now I was on an hour long bike ride on a bike that was too short for me, it got harder and harder to smile at the cameras. I'm just kidding it really wasn't that bad, it was actually quite fun :)

after the bike ride we went to a really fancy hotel where they fed us lunch (I ate chicken feet) and they made all the foreign teachers preform for a cash prize :D

our group did a song and dance number dressed up as animals.

we won 600 yuen :D



3 comments:

  1. Sweet, chicken paws!! How were they? Did you have to split up the prize money? 600 yuan isn't bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chicken feet.....yum! Were they crunchy? Do they stick between your teeth? I hope I never have any!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chicken feet are pretty much just skin and bones, they aren't really that exciting, what was exciting was the stuff that looked like jello but was spicy. Nobody knew what it was.... not even the chinese people.

    ReplyDelete