Thursday, February 23, 2012

Kaiyin School


Hey everybody i've been in china for about 2 weeks now. It is such a great experience and so cool! Although I am starting to get a bit homesick (to be expected) so if you have any free minutes write me a little not or something and you will make my day :D

So I have arrived in Kaiyin and am at my school now, the second day we were here was the lantern festival so our coordinators, Becky, Gloria, and Marine, took us to a parade. Although more people were watching us then the parade, experience number 1 of being stared at, YAY! 

I didn't really have a very good view although I did like this picture
I stood next to this really cute little girl and her mom, the little girl was smiling and cooing at me all through the parade so I took a picture.

after the parade they took us to get a traditional lantern festival food call kan yuen.
in english: sweet milk
that was a really fun experience. apparently in some parts of china on the lantern festival the let lanterns fly tangled style, I really really really really really really wanted to do that but apparently it is illegal in our city... so I made myself a lantern and threw it off my balcony... that will have to do. :)



2 comments:

  1. What an exciting adventure! Do they have tractors in parades in China, or is it just West Point?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So have you tried the sweet milk? What does it taste like? What is your favorite food in China so far? I know, I know......Chicken Feet!!!

    ReplyDelete